Tuesday 22 May 2012

Lots and lots and lots of fun goings ons....but this work thing is really getting in the way of my blog life!!  Well, in the way of life in general.  Tough trying to switch my brain to office work while the weather finally changes to HOT summer weather.

Last weekend Regan and I did the triple mountain ride of Duncan in I'm thinking near 30 degree heat, it was fantastic!!  5 and a half hours of mountain bike saddle time on some of the funnest trails around!  Good thing we finished with the familiar Tzou trails because we were really gooned coming down the last trails of the day!  Thanks Trevor for some locals knowledge to cap off the day :-)  Great TR and Furious3 training.



What am I getting myself into!!!??!!



This past weekend I did my first road race in I honestly can't remember how many years!!  And a Crit race to boot.  I just got a road cat added to my race license in time for this race, doing Bastion Crit in 2 weekends so I figured it would be a really good idea to get my Crit legs back under me.  5 women and 18 men??  and it was a fast race from the start....even the neutral lap was hard!  I sat behind the biggest guy I could find for the first 5 mins and really didn't think I was going to be able to maintain that effort for 50 more mins.  I don't think the pace ever really settled down very much, but I managed to hang on, only getting hit and really sideways in the air once (cleaning my chamois after that one), wheels sliding around the wet corners, and found myself in a really great position coming out of the final corner into the finish sprint.  I tell you, if I had a really really really good sprint I could have been a contender for a podium spot!  I was just squeaked out of the top 10 with a 12th position overall and first women!!  Yippee...I'm back :-)



All photos from reganpringleshoots

Thank you Regan and Trek Pro City for my awesome pink flamed Madone!  My new Sidi S-Pro road shoes are amazing, crazy how much of a difference carbon road shoes makes :-)

Getting ready for Nimby 50 this weekend .... Summer of Fun !!

No comments: